Structure of the Department:
To be completed
The Management Board is a key element of the Department’s governance.
It plays a particular role in relation to issues affecting the wider Department
and the Justice and Equality Sector, especially where issues cross organisational boundaries.
It does not affect the primary responsibility of each member of the Management Board for
their functional area. The Management Board is chaired by the Secretary General and comprises:
• the Deputy Secretary General
• the Director General of the Irish Prison Service
• the Acting Director General of INIS
• all Assistant Secretaries and Directors in the Department
• Two Principal Officers, nominated by and acting on behalf of the Principal Officer group
The Personnel Officer and the Principal Officer assigned to the Secretary General’s Office
also attend MAC meetings on an ex-officio basis for the purpose of providing any necessary
support to the MAC.